Pork Medallions with Apple and BerriesBy thePigSite.com
Juicy pan fried tenderloin medallions, cooked with chopped apples and mixed berries in a rich red wine sauce. Superb with crispy roast potatoes.
Chop the pork into medallions
Marinate the pork then
prepare the ingredients
Brown the pork, heat the sauce
ingredients, add the pork and
apples and simmer
Add the berry and cornflour
mix, simmer and serve
Ingredients (serves 3-4)1kg pork tenderloin/loin joint
2 small eating apples
175g fresh or frozen blackberries or small tin of blackberries
100ml red wine
1 tbls honey
1 tbls fresh thyme
1 tsp cornflour
2 tbls oilve oil
knob of butter
Marinade1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp salt
Preparation1. Slice the pork tenderloin into medallions (large chunks).
2. Mix marinade ingredients and rub into pork. Leave to marinate for at least 30 mins in fridge (ideally overnight).
3. Core and chop the apples into strips. Drain the tinned berries (if using). Retain the berry juice.
4. Mix the cornflour with a little water (2 tbls).
Cooking5. Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan. Fry the pork for 4-5 mins until browned all over. Remove the pork from the pan with a slotted spoon and put to one side.
6. Add the red wine, honey, berry juice (if used) and thyme to the pan juices, then mix well and bring to a simmer.
7. Add the pork and apples and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
8. Add the berries and cornflour mix. Bring back to a simmer and stir gently for 4-5 mins until the berries are heated through and the sauce has thickened.